JCO / OR Enrolment
Career in Indian Army
Recruitment in the Army is broad based. Every male citizen, irrespective of caste, class, religion and domicile, is eligible for recruitment into the Army, provided he meets the laid down age, educational, physical and medical standards.
Recruitment in the Army is carried out throughout the year through an open rally system. The Recruitment programme is published in local newspapers, and also publicized through other media, preferably one month prior to the conduct of the rally by the concerned
Zonal Recruiting Offices. The process of screening and enrolment is as follows :
- Checking of document.
- Physical fitness test.
- Physical measurement.
- Medical examination.
- Written examination.
- Preparation of merit list and allotment of arms and services.
- Enrolment & dispatch of selected candidates to Training Centres.
"If you wish to join the army, attend recruitment rally,
organised by nearest HQ recruiting zone / army recuriting office".
Bring following original documents alongwith three Photostat copies of each duly attested :
- Xth Class Certificate for proof of date of birth.
- Xth & XIIth Class marks sheet.
- Character Certificate to be signed by Village Sarpanch (not more than six months old).
- Domicile / Nativity Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Relationship Certificate (in case of Son of Serving Soldier / Ex-Servicemen/ War Widow / Widow) signed by Senior Record Officer / Chief Record Officer of Records Office with round stamp, Army No and name of the officer signing the certificate.
- Certificate of outstanding sportsmen(not more than 2 yrs old).
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) Certificate signed by the Battalion Commander / Group Commander.